Weight loss is one of the most written subjects on the Internet! Whether we are talking about juice cleanses, super strict diets or crazy work out routines, all of us have googled or come across this as we are browsing through our newsfeeds. In our hectic work lives, where many of us yo-yo with weight, we constantly ponder – how can one lose weight while still managing to continue our daily lives. Because, we cannot give up our work, our routine and our lives just to lose weight.
Ayurveda is a science that believes in holistic healing through natural substances. It gives you some easy hacks that one can adopt on a daily basis that are both doable and effective. While it will help one lose weight, these techniques will also help reduce stress and make one feel better on an overall basis. Many of us are unaware but weight gain is very often caused just by stress. Here are some techniques accoding to Ayurvedic principles that can help with weight loss and in overall bodily wellbeing.
- Warm water with honey and a twist of lemon– The combination of lemon and honey dissolves the extra fats deposited in all areas of the body. It does not taste that bad too and is the best thing to have when one wakes up to detox the system!
- Just 10 minutes of your time– Maybe finding 10 minutes in the morning will be hard because of your busy schedule, but these 10 minutes could change your life. Meditation in these 10 minutes will give your body and mind relaxation, and will enable you to make better decisions during the entire day. This is a great stress reduction technique, as, according to Ayurveda stress is one of the main causes of gaining weight.
- Eat 3 proper meals– Easy to say, but probably the most difficult and also natural method to follow is this one. We have often heard people preach to us to eat well and on time, but we always end up eating a late lunch, maybe even a late dinner, some of us do not have any breakfast and finally end up eating snacks at any time of the day. Having a good breakfast between 7:30am- 9am, a large lunch between 11am- 2pm and a light dinner between 5:30- 8pm will not only improve and stabilize digestion in your body, but also help you to avoid the junk food and snacks that are consumed during a hard day at work!
- Sip hot water throughout the day– Hot water is like a elixir according to the Vedic tradition. Ayurveda says toxins accumulate within the body from internal sources such as anger, anxiety, stress, and external sources such as pollution, unhealthy and processed food, and other foreign substances. Hot water helps to regularly eliminate these toxins, many of which would otherwise be stored in the body. For taste, you can add tulsi or ginger and make it your beverage into an herbal tea, which will also help you to refresh.
- Exercise as much as you can – Daily exercise is obviously high recommended but may not be as easy to implement. Still, keeping an active lifestyle on a daily basis is extremely important to maintain a balance of the body’s systems and also ensure a working digestive system. With the advent of fitness trackers, tracking one’s steps on a daily basis and then going to the gym, playing a sport or practicing yoga 3 times a week will help one significantly both to lose weight but also to ‘feel good’.
Having gone through the various methods above, at Dr. Vaidya’s: New Age Ayurveda, we have a natural, safe and FDA approved method for obesity and weight loss/ management known as LIPOHERB. LIPOHERB is an Ayurvedic formulation of various herbs to reduce weight by controlling one’s appetite. Click here to know more about LIPOHERB
The product’s mechanism is as below:
- The combination of all ingredients stimulates the metabolism of the fat cells, which results in burning/dissolving of excessive body fat.
- Ingredients such as Gurmar and Guggul slow down the absorption rate of food in the body, which will not make a person hungry quickly again.
- Ingredients such as Gokhru acts as a diuretic which removes excessive water from the body.
- Ingredients such as Amla and Behda regulate the digestive system, which will prevent excessive hunger in the body, and help keeps the digestive system clean.
If you would like to discuss this further our in-house Ayurvedic doctor -Dr. (Mrs.) Surya Bhagwati (BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, and DHBTC) at our clinic in Tardeo, Mumbai. She can help you plan your diet and recommend what you should eat or not based on your doshas. If you do not live in Mumbai, feel free to giver her a call and discuss it over a call.
Our flagship clinic is a tribute to our founder Dr. Natoobhai Vaidya who continues to inspire us to serve our patients with utmost dedication. He always believed in free consultation for all, and we have continued to maintain that discipline at our clinic. Even in the process of our repackaging our products we have remained true to his patrons by keeping in mind the colour combinations they identify the medicine with. We are proud to be continuing his legacy by providing superior quality products and exceptional customer service.
Authored by: Binoy Shah, Marketing Executive